Links & Latest News
Sabrina’s most recent Ag on Tap articles and links to stories she’s written elsewhere.
Big changes are ahead, but what do they mean for the almond industry? Sabrina covers the annual Almond Conference and […]
With so many issues in California at the moment, the last thing farmers there need is to lose their insurance. […]
Two of ag media’s most trusted and engaging broadcasters come together to share agriculture news for farmers and the rest of us. Ag on Tap digs into what’s going on in agriculture in a way that is as interesting as it is informative.
The resiliency of the American lamb industry – Ag on Tap with Sabrina and Rusty Halvorson
Sabrina Halvorson is one of the ag industry’s top reporters. Here is a sampling of some of her stories.
- Managing Stress on the FarmFarmers and ranchers face unique difficulties that other industries don’t and that makes it one of the most stressful occupations in which to work.
- “Fake Meat” a Hot Topic at Bayer AgVocacy Forum“It’s an issue because it’s something new.” Those words from Kevin Kester, as we talked Tuesday afternoon in sunny Orlando, […]
- Trump Speaks at AFBF, With Focus on Border Security, Immigration, MoreThe closing session of the American Farm Bureau Centennial Celebration and annual convention wrapped up Monday afternoon in New Orleans, LA, with U.S. President Donald Trump speaking to the approximately 6,000 farmers and Farm Bureau members in attendance.
- World Milk Day Kicks Off National Dairy MonthJune first is World Milk Day and it kicks off National Dairy Month. CEO of Midwest Dairy, Lucas Lentsch, told […]
- Gene Editing Vs. Biotechnology in U.S. RegulationsThe U.S. Department of Agriculture this month opened the public comment on the proposed rule to establish the National Bioengineered Food […]
- Soybean Grower Discusses Importance of Trade, InfrastructureAs the U.S continues to face uncertainty in several of its top export markets, trade is top of mind for many producers. Soybean grower and United Soybean Board Director for Missouri, Meagan Kaiser reiterated the sentiment.
- SD Cattlemen on Non-Meandered Water LegislationA decades-long battle over South Dakota water may finally be at an end. Jodie Anderson, Executive Director of the South […]
- Growth in North Dakota WineThe wine industry is up and coming in North Dakota. “Really, this is a brand new industry for North Dakota […]
- Soybean Farmers Experience ‘Land of #Cropportunity’ at Commodity ClassicWhat do animal feed, biodiesel, frying oil, adhesives and tires all have in common? They include U.S. soy, thanks to […]
- New Research into Honeybee HealthThe health of North Dakota’s honeybees is important not just in the Northern Plains, but all over the nation. North […]
- ND, CA Working Together for BeesNorth Dakota Agriculture commissioner Doug Goehring is working with California’s agriculture secretary Karen Ross on a new program that will […]
- Another Delay in California FMMO QuestThe nation’s largest dairy-producing state is facing another delay in an attempt to create a new federal milk marketing order. […]